Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year, New Me

So today is January 1, 2011....a year of new beginnings for me. I am DETERMINED to make this my best year yet! I have a lot of goals for myself this year, some big, some small, but I will do my absolute best to meet all of them.

I have noticed that I have let a lot of things go in the last few years. I have gained a LOT of weight, lost my faith a little, lost interest in some of the things I enjoy most, and not been as invested in my relationships as I should. All of that is going to change.

I did my first daily workout today. Sadly, for most people, this would have been a piece of cake. For me, it was super hard and I struggled to breathe, felt achy and sore, wondered what I was doing to myself. But I did it. And I will continue to do it everyday...for me. What I have physically become is ridiculous and I should have never let this happen. If I don't make changes now, it will kill me.

I also read my first daily devotional today in the book my husband bought me. It is "The One Year Love Language Minute Devotional" and I believe it will give me much better insight than I have had in my marriage, other familial relationships, and my friendships. Today's reading was all about the different love languages and how we each speak our own love languages. What might be love to one person, is not to another. This can cause issues in marriage, as it has done in mine. What I learned from this reading is not to expect my husband to change his way of showing love to suit me, but to accept that it IS his way of showing love and be happy that he love me and also to try to show him love as best I can.

I will hopefully be graduating with my Associate Degree this coming Fall. I am anxious to get it done. I am hoping to be finished before I have to start concentrating on sending my youngest daughter off to college in 2012. I also want to start back to working on my photography. I have not done anything with it, or my photo blog, in ages and I really miss the satisafaction it brings me. I am hoping I will be able to get back into the Edison Photo Society soon as well. I miss it and the people and all the things I learn from all of them. The combined talent in that group is amazing and the learning opportunities abound.

Well, I think this is enough for one day. I will not be posting everyday as school will be starting soon and I will have enough on my plate with all of my homework and such, but keep an eye out for me. Have a wonderful New Year to all who read this!

No comments:

Post a Comment